Saturday, April 9, 2011

Breadsticks

This recipe actually came from a lady who lived in our ward in Taylorsville, but we have adopted it as our own because we love it so much. These breadsticks are the first thing that I really "mastered" because my dad would ask me to make them all the time. I first learned how to make them with my mom when I was probably around 7 or 8, but did not really make them all by myself until I was about 14. I have come across many breadstick recipes over the years, and I still stay loyal to this one because nothing comes close it. I remember my brother-in-law called them my "magic" breadsticks for some reason.

Recipe by: Marian Lindsey

1 T. yeast
1 1/2 c. warm water (2 if using wheat flour)
1 T. honey
1 T. malt powder
1 t. salt
4-4 1/2 c. flour (If desired, use 2 c. white flour and 2 c. wheat)

Pour warm water into mixing bowl. Sprinkle yeast and wait for it to sort of poof up and rise to the top. Sift together flour, salt, and malt powder. Add honey, then add flour mixture. Mix until it forms a ball. Roll out and cut into strips, then roll into sticks. Melt butter in baking pan, then roll sticks in the butter. Top with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment