Sunday, April 3, 2011

White Enchilada Casserole

I have never really been a huge fan of Mexican food, but my dad always had a way of making anything taste so good. This enchilada casserole is really the only time I will eat enchiladas. Growing up, I never knew that enchiladas were made any differently until someone ordered them and I knew that was not how I remembered enchiladas. Anytime I make this casserole I know I will always think of my dad.

recipe by:Boyd Reschke

1 (10-oz.) c. Rotel canned tomatoes
1 c. cream of mushroom soup
(8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1 c. sour cream
1 (7-oz.) can diced green chilies
4-5 cooked chicken breasts
Flour tortillas
grated cheddar cheese

Put the first 4 ingredients in the blender. Whip. Add the green chilies, stir. Pour a little bit of this mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Tear flour tortillas into small pieces covering the entire pan. Layer with chicken (half of the chopped chicken), then cheese, then ½ of the sauce. Do another layer of flour tortillas, chicken, some cheese and sauce and top with cheese. Cook in the over at 350 ° for ½ hour. Serve with chopped tomatoes, lettuce & guacamole. Tostitos are excellent with this as a side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment