Sunday, April 3, 2011

Grilled Chicken and Pasta Salad

This recipe was given to me by my aunt Linda. She made it for a baby shower and it was a huge hit. She was kind enough to share this recipe with us and I have made it many times since then. My sister, Alisa, told me that this is her husband's favorite and is constantly requesting it. It is so simple and so good!

Recipe by: Linda Utley

Mix the following together and toss with dressing just before serving:
1-2 heads romaine lettuce - washed and torn into bit size pieces (or 1 bag spinach)
1- 8oz. pkg. bowtie pasta - cooked, drained and cooled
2 - 4 T. sesame seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 can sliced water chestnuts (I chopped them)
3 chicken breasts - seasoned heavily with lemon pepper seasoning, grilled and cut into bite size pieces.
1 cup bean sprouts (I didn't use these but I'll bet they are good)
Dressing:
1/2 cup oil (I use olive oil)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sesame seeds
3 T. soy sauce
2 T. seasoned rice vinegar
1/2 tsp. sesame seed oil
1 tsp. grated fresh garlic

No comments:

Post a Comment