Sunday, April 3, 2011

Shrimp Salad

When I think of my grandma's shrimp salad I instantly think of summer barbecues. It was a staple at every family gathering and holiday. We would all eat the salad until we had it coming out our ears. The salad had become so regular that when I asked my mom for the recipe, she had to sit down and write it down because she just would make it without even thinking about it. It is hands down one of my favorite salads of all time.

Recipe by: Alice Kendall

1 12-oz. package of salad roni
2 cans shrimp-broken or small
1 c. celery-chopped
1 c. diced carrots
4 green onions-chopped
2 c. Olive Oil Best Foods Mayonnaise
3/4-1 tsp. seasoned salt (bon appetite)
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. sugar

Cook the carrots until tender in the microwave with a small amount of water. Cool. Mix seasonings in with the mayonnaise. Add a little milk for the right consistency. Combine salad roni, celery, onion & carrots with the mayo mixture. Fold in drained cans of shrimp. Cover and refrigerate. Add more mayo if needed before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment