Thursday, April 7, 2011

Granola

Every time I smell granola, I am taken back to my old kitchen, sitting on the counter and "helping" my dad make his granola. I never knew what granola was, so I always just called it "Dad's cereal". I am pretty sure he would make it at least once a week and we had so much fun! This was one of the very many bonding moments that I had with my dad. I can honestly say that I still have yet to find granola that is just as good...but I may be just a little biased.

Recipe by: Boyd Reschke

8 c. oats
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
1 c. almonds
1 c. pecans
1 c. coconut
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. butter
2 t. vanilla
1/2 c. honey
1/2 c. peanut butter
1 c. raisins

Mix the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Heat water, butter, honey, and peanut butter until fluffy. Add vanilla and pour mixture over dry ingredients. Mix well. Spread on two cookie sheets. Bake in a 200 degree oven about an hour. Stir while cooling and add raisins.

No comments:

Post a Comment