Saturday, April 9, 2011

Fresh Salsa

Oh how I love this fresh salsa. Growing up, we used to bottle salsa and I never knew there was such a thing as fresh salsa until my dad came up with this recipe when I was about 12. I can remember all of us just hovering around the salsa and eating it until there was nothing left. This salsa is extremely addicting and I have to force myself to stop. Whenever I have leftover tomatoes or cilantro, I know that it is time to make some salsa.

10 Roma tomatoes
1/4 medium onion
2 cloves garlic
2 jalapeno peppers (seeded)
1 tsp salt
1 bunch cilantro (stems removed)
juice of 1/2-1 lime

throw all ingredients into a food processor except for cilantro. Once everything is at preferred consistency, throw in the cilantro and pulse 2-3 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment